There is a scam currently circulating on the internet.
Clients, please be cautious if you are approached by a “recruiting” firm and told you are being considered for an executive job. Here is what they will do:
- They will ask you to send your resume (and most likely, sign a non-disclosure agreement).
- You’ll get back an email stating that although they were able to open your resume, it could not be loaded properly into their ATS.
- They will send you a link to “score” your resume (or straight to a site to “fix” your resume for a fee).
- You’ll load your resume (with NO job announcement) to be scored. It will fail.
- You are sent to a website that will “fix” your resume for a fee.
This company changes names often to evade authorities.