This just in….
I got a tip from my friend Mark Hovind, President of Jobbait.com. Here is what he shared with me: Texas added more new jobs in the last 12 months than the next 5 highest states combined. Check out the graph below.
The best way for you to tap into the hidden job market is to:
1. target growing industries
2. research companies that match your career goals within those industries
3. learn techniques to connect with the key decision makers within those companies directly
4. support your efforts through networking via related associations where you can personally and virtually “meet” key decision makers through association portals
5. if you need to add another strategic layer to your job search efforts – you can send out your resume to recruiters specializing in your industry. Please connect with me via email if you are interested in this service – we have an absolutely outstanding email distribution with an average of 2500 matching recruiters per distribution! I don’t advocate recruiters as your primary strategy simply because I have seen g0-direct techniques done right yield you tons more interest, interviews and offers.
If you are interested in nationwide job and industry growth updates, as well as tips to improve your resume, tap into the hidden job market – and much more – please, sign up for my popular free bi monthly ezine, The Career Insider.
It only takes a sec to sign up – and I never ever EVER sell your private info including your email address. That’s just rude.