Corporate expansions and plans for hiring across the U.S. in multiple industries right now including consumer goods, retail, healthcare and finance. Get the details here: http://leads.careercloud.com/
Learn how to tap into the hidden job market and secure multiple high quality interviews here: http://maryelizabethbradford.com/cpss_hidden_job_market.html
Here are a few highlights:
- BLS says hiring is much stronger this quarter than predicted by economists = up 75k jobs for this quarter.
- June 2016 was strong, with nearly 300,000 new jobs added.
- Professional and business services saw the greatest job growth; the industry as a whole has added more than half a million jobs over the last year.
- Health care, financial activities, leisure and hospitality also saw growth, as did government employment.
The full report is here: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
The U.S. wind energy industry is the fastest-growing new source of electricity in the country and is anticipated by BLS to grow 108% in the next 8 years. Wow.
Read more here: Turbine industry aims to keep tailwind blowing
Fantastic article from Harvard Business Review. I always tell my clients to increase double their play time & get their executive transition search activities down to 2 hours a week. At first they think I am crazy but it works so well! This article explains why. Read more here
Wow was I glad to stumble upon this little gem of an article! Lots of very interesting insight on Global MNC’s and cultural variances associated with CXO interviewing/hiring around the globe.
This is a great read. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/jobs/how-large-corporations-go-about-picking-cxo-level-honchos/articleshow/52811063.cms
Great article in Harvard Business Review titled:
How to Fake It When You’re Not Feeling Confident
My favorite takeaways from this (I do these myself!) very insightful little piece:
- Emulate what your mentors/those you admire do
- Baby steps: smaller pieces
- Don’t beat yourself up for not being ready – just move forward.
Big moves and senior level / global appointments at Goldman Sachs, UBS, Nasdaq and German financial technologies investor group, Deutsche Börse…to name a few.
Details here: http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/2015-12-25/financial-news-careers-25-12-2015
As I read this article in FORTUNE, I resonated with each point. These are definitely traits I see in most leaders and those I share in most coaching sessions. Sticking to facts and data is a big one – and directly translates to creating a powerful resume. Read the article here.