Posts Tagged ‘today’s job market’
A great silver lining about today’s job market and the current economic recession…
An article posted yesterday on Fistful of Talent titled: Where are all the Qualified Candidates? Aren’t We in a Recession?, states that HR and recruiters have a significantly harder time finding key talent in markets like today’s. There is a great explanation why, which basically revolves around the tendency for people to ”stay put” in times of uncertainty.
This just solidifies why 2 great techniques for tapping into today’s unadvertised job market (growth opportunities and direct mail campaigns) can be more powerful than ever for the job seeker.
Equally compelling is the fact that in a recession where its more difficult to compel talented professionals to make a move, job seekers have more negotiation power for key positions.
I hosted a free teleseminar last night and would like to offer my readers here a chance to listen!
Here are just a few highlights of what I covered:
- The THREE Top Recession Proof Markets
- The BEST months of the year to look for a job
- What STATE had more jobs in the last 12 months than any other state
- The 3 BEST strategies for landing a great job right now
- WHY relying solely on job boards will leave you frustrated with little results…even if you are a star candidate
- A very special offer only for participants on the call…hint: here is your coupon code: BRIGHT VIP